Have low BP, treated with Atenalol also have Anginaa. Ears have become blocked. Normal?

I have low blood pressure, treated with Atenalol...because I also have Angina....suddenly my ears have both
become blocked & my head does not feel normal..any advice?
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later

Thanks for using XXXXXXX

Yes, atenolol is given for hypertension and also for angina. This will reduce BP by reducing the cardiac work. Blocked sensation and uneasy feeling may be due to low blood pressure; since you already have hypotension (low blood pressure) atenolol may have further lowered it and induced this problem.

Besides the low blood pressure, patients with anemia, nose and ear conditions also face similar symptoms.

Therefore in this circumstance, I would recheck your blood pressure. If that is very low, I would adjust atenolol dosage to maintain blood pressure. Despite the changes if blood pressure remain low, I would gradually replace atenolol with other beta blocker with intrinsic activity. I would also check your blood hemogram and ear/nose for other causes.

Please get your blood pressure checked at the earliest. You can act according as describe above.

Hope this clarified your query. Feel free to ask any related query and I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you good health.