Have low AMH, unable to get pregnant, have pain, passing clots, stopped taking Depot

I have been trying to get preganant for the past 18 months after being on the depot injection for ten years. My periods returned after 5 months and have had bleeding since april 2011, I have a menstrual cycle between 21-30 days and have extremely painful periods (having to take Tramol daily and often missing work), not particularly heavy but pass alot of small clots, lasting between 4-10 days with some bloody discharge inbetween (also diagnosed with endomeriosis after laproscopy in May). I have seen a OB/gyn who did some tests and said I ovulated well this month (normal progesterone and oestrogen levels - unsure of the numbers) and I have an AMH of just 2.8, he didnt seem concerned with the sharp stabbing pain I have been experiencing for the past 7 days in my left illiac region or the bloody discharge as it wasnt evident on examination. He said I just need to stop being a control freak and i will get pregnant in due time. I am concerned as I am 36, have a low AMH, have not got pregnant in the past 18 months and have issues with my periods and my specialist doesnt seem concerned and didnt give me a date to come back for further follow up if im still not pregnant in say 6 months. Should I be getting a second opinion or like he says not worry about it (which is easier said than done when time is running out!) Thanks!
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 27 minutes later

The sharp stabbing pain which could be due to spasm in the uterine musculature and the bloody discharge would is often associated with endometriosis have to be evaluated first and treated.Maximum health of the Uterus and its appendages has to be ascertained before planning for an Assisted reproductive technique.

Failure rates will be exponential with slight ill health in the reproductive organs.

Well, AMH (Anti-Mullerian Hormone) level in you are not too low.But a better reading would be much favourable.

I recommend you to take an second opinion with other Infertility specialist for optimum care and good expectations.

Please come up with follow ups, if any.

Wish you good health.