Have lost tonsil, need to regenerate them by stem cell. How to do it?

I lost my tonsil, I need to regenerate them by stem cell. Is there any one can help me?
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Very challenging situation Detailed Answer: hello and thank you for sending the question. This is a very interesting in unique question. I can appreciate that you're dealing with a very stressful situation. From the information you submitted it looks like you are struggling with symptoms of throat pain. It is important to determine what the cause of the pain is actually. Throat pain can be caused by a multitude of potential issues including infection but there are multiple other possible causes. I think is important that you talked your doctor about your current symptoms. Your doctor should help you will rule out possible contributing factors including silent esophageal reflux or possibly polyps which can sometimes cause soreness in the throat. It would be a good idea for you to visit with an ear nose and throat specialist as well to further delineate what is going on. This doctor can look in the back of your throat with a special camera. Regarding regeneration of the tonsils this would be experimental and would only be available in a research study. While this might be a consideration I would not encouraged participation in this type of study because we do not know what long term outcomes would be. If you otherwise have a healthy immune system you should be able to handle any type of typical virus or bacterial infection. If you are concerned about your immune function you can ask your doctor to perform some blood testing to quantify your immunoglobulin levels and to make sure that you have adequate immune function. Thank you again for sending her question. We let me know if you have additional specific issues to discuss regarding this concern. Again I can appreciate your dealing with a very stressful situation and hopefully we can provide you with some level of reassurance and a direction as you're seeking answers that you're looking for. Sincerely, Dr. Galamaga