Have lost 45kg in year, left with stretchy and greasy skin. Suggest?

lost 45kg in 12 months. friends say I look great but I'm miserable for no reason. weight dropped quick and left me with stretchy skin & its a bit greasy aswell
Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 9 days later
Brief Answer:
More information please

Detailed Answer:
Delighted to be able to help.
Have you lost 45 kg voluntarily, because you were overweight?
Have you followed diet, physical exercise you practiced? What was your weight before?
Within how many days you have lost 45 kg?
Follow-up: Have lost 45kg in year, left with stretchy and greasy skin. Suggest? 1 hour later
I was 100kg originally but now down to 55kg. I haven't gone on a diet, I haven't changed the way I eat, I didn't even plan on losing the weight. However I was pretty happy to see weight drop just not this much. This was not a voluntary decision to lose weight it just started happening. I feel weaker, tired and miserable
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Weight Loss

Detailed Answer:

Delighted to be able to help.

A loss of 45 kg unintentionally should be studied as soon as possible. Your doctor should request blood tests and other additional tests to rule out physical pathology. Some of the medical illness such as hyperthyroidism, chronic infection as well as to an extent will cause weight loss. It is essential that your doctor's rule out the aforementioned condition and plan the treatment accordingly.

I hope you are not depressed; as depression is another possible diagnosis. If the diagnosis is depression, your doctor must prescribe antidepressant drugs to improve your physical and psychic status.

I hope I have answered your query. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.

Good luck.