Have loose stools, severe cold chills, body pain and fatigue. Gets better with paracetamol. Suggest?

i have loose stools... watery, really severe cold chills, body pain, fatigue... chills get better with paracetemol... what to do?

after 5-6 hours, chills return... and have to take paracetemol again..
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 3 hours later

Thank you for your query.

Yes, paracetamol shall reduce your fevef and the chills associated with it. However it is not going to control the diarrhoea which is the cause of the fever. I suggest that you get your stool routine test done and consult your doctor who shall prescribe appropriate antibiotics to control the infection.

In the interim you can have some probiotics, continue with paracetamol 4-6 hourly and keep yourself rehydrated by drinking a lot of fluids. Include lemonade, coconut water, buttermilk in the fluid intake.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal