Have loose stools. Depression problems. Gallbladder removed. Help?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Ive had loss stools for 24 hrs cant stop it. help
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
It sounds like you are experiencing gastroenteritis. Very often the infection is due to Rotavirus which normally clears up on its own.

Do take a bland diet, with no milk, black tea with lemon, and yogurt rice/khichdi with yogurt, and ripe bananas for a couple of days. Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.

Get your stool examined and if it indicates infection or you are not better in two days, see your doctor for a course of antibiotics. The BRAT diet (i.e, bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) or soft easily digestible semisolid diet can also be taken. Further, avoid eating any junk food or oily, spicy food, fatty foods, sugary foods, dairy products, caffeine, and alcohol until recovery is complete.

Take a healthy, balanced and nutritious diet consisting more of fruits, salads, soups and raw vegetables (after proper washing). Medicines such as loperamide (Imodium) and bismuth subsalicylate (Pepto-Bismol) can help relieve symptoms but should be taken under medical supervision.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.