Have loose motions. Taken Ciplox. Stool test shows semiformed and acidid. Need to clear bowels frequently

Question
I have loose motions for a month now, was treated in hospital with ciplox, metrogl, ofloxin , econrm etc.
Still the report stool test shows semiformed & acidic. I am taking cibis and proviatic now and still the stool is semioformed. It does not clear the colon in a single attempt and i feel the need to clear it twice / trhice in morning and evening after meals. please advise
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 41 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

I understand your concern. But there is no need to worry.

As you have taken enough antibiotic, it would have disturbed the normal intestinal flora. This is likely to cause indigestion and bowel disturbance. This generally gets resolved over a period of time.

Now continue taking Proviatic or Lactobacillus capsules and gradually you will get your stool formed and frequency of passing stool will be alright.

In addition to the above drugs I also suggest you to take light diet like curd, rice, buttermilk, etc. Avoid taking non-veg for some time. Avoid fried and junk food.

Hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask; I will be happy to help.

Wish you speedy recovery.