Have loose motion and IBS. Is Oflox the right drug?

Jan 2013

i am suffering from loose motion and I have IBS, i have been given Oflox OZ? It this the right drug?
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 14 minutes later
Since how long time are you suffering from loose motion?
If IBS predominant diarrhea type is the basic disease then antibiotics may help or may not help.
Role of antibiotics can not be judged, although antibiotics are effective in few cases but not in all cases.
If loose motions are developed recently then it should be considered as acute gastroenteritis and antibiotics are effective in such cases.
You should consult with gastro-physician and should take rifaximin, probiotics, tricyclic antidepressants, and romosetron for better treatment for IBS predominant diarrhea type.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Have loose motion and IBS. Is Oflox the right drug? 10 minutes later
Thank you for your response.
To give you a background I am having IBS for the past 15 years and have consulted numerous gastro-physician.

However in this case I having this symptoms for the past 10 days and have consulted doctor who had prescribed antibiotic and also probiotic course for 5 days which I have completed. I was well for 2 days however the loose motion and diarrhea has relapsed and very painful now. A chemist suggested me to take Oflox OZ and Metrogyl as I could not find a doctor at this hour.

Please suggest as I have already completed the prescribed anti-biotic course which was of no use.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 6 minutes later
If these symptoms are persisting since 10 days then you should take these antibiotics.
Get well soon,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Have loose motion and IBS. Is Oflox the right drug? 4 minutes later
Apart from Oflox OZ and Metrogyl, should I take anything else
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 7 minutes later
You should also take medicines as described by me previously (if you are not taking it)
Dr. Mayank Bhargava