Have long term gout. Not on medication. Having pain in heel. Is this the sign of gout recurrence?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2013
Jan 2013

Question
I have long term gout but have avoided taking medication to adjust blood levels. I now have a pain in my heel; can that be a sign of gout recurrence. What are the short-term and long-term ways to avoid recurrence?
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Arthritis

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
During pain due to gout, you should avoid uric acid lowering medicine as these medicine may deteriorate your condition.
You should follow this:
a) Take 1.5 litres of water daily
b) Avoid coffee/ chocolates and caffeine
c) Avoid mushrooms/ tomato/ brinjal/ spinach
d) Avoid Non-veg food
e) Avoid juices as it contains fructose- major purine making sugar.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Have long term gout. Not on medication. Having pain in heel. Is this the sign of gout recurrence? 39 minutes later
thank you. i will always ask for you. My wife and I are TM followers, and always prefer natural cures.

I did want to know if a pain on bottom of heel can be a gout symptom.

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 8 hours later
Pain on bottom of heel may be due to increased uric acid and gout. You should go for serum uric acid.
Let me know the result.
Sincerely,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava