Have lipomas all over body. How to remove these lipomas and prevent them from occurring?

Hi Doctor,
I have lipomas all over body (Hand, Leg, abdomen and Back)...... The worst part is all lipomas are incresing in size and new lipomas are emerging all the over the boy..... Is there any way to remove these lipomas and prevent them from occuring and spreading all over the body? Please give me some suggestion for diagnosis.......
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 49 minutes later
The multiple swellings all over your body could be due to- (apart from multiple lipomas)-
1. Skin papilloma: These grow out from the skin and may look like a wart or a piece of chewing gum stuck to the skin. Not painful or XXXXXXX
2. Sporotrichosis: Skin nodule with overlying hair loss and whitish cheesy discharge at the site of a puncture wound or break in the skin. Caused by a fungus.
3. Dermatofibromas- usually a harmless condition with no treatment needed.
4. Sebaceous cysts- Painful if infected. Need surgical removal.
5.Keratosis Pilaris- Small, rough white or red bumps that neither itch nor hurt. Usually worse during winter months or when there is low humidity and the skin gets dry.
6. Neurofibromas.
7. Skin cysts.
All the above conditions can be diagnosed after a proper examination by a dermatologist. Please visit your dermatologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Have lipomas all over body. How to remove these lipomas and prevent them from occurring? 16 minutes later
Hello doctor,
I have already consulted the doctor.... the doctor confirmed that they are multiple lipomos.... Is there any way to prevent the occurences of new lipmos and the growth of existing lipomos....

Also please let me know, to remove the existing lipomos, surgery is the only solution??
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If the diagnosis is confirmed than surgical removal is the only treatment. There are no medicines that can retard their growth or fresh appearance.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.