Have lipoma on inner thigh. Getting pins and needles sensation. Is it dangerous?

I have a 25 cm lipoma on my inner thigh. I am now awakening at night with pins and needles in that leg? I have a dste to dremove it st t he end of january. Can i t be dangerus? It aches.
Posted Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.
Lipoma is a benign tumor of fat cells in the body. Lipomas are not XXXXXXX and surgery will definitely take care of it. I don't think that the pins and needles are due to it. Mild ache may be there, especially as it is 25 cm in size.

If you have any follow-up query, please fell free to ask it.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Have lipoma on inner thigh. Getting pins and needles sensation. Is it dangerous? 4 hours later
The lipoma extends down from t he groin on the inner thigh. It is growing inward and is entwined with muscle cells. Can it possibly cut off circulation? Obviously,i have has it for quite some time without realizing it. The ache i feel is not so much over the lipoma but rather just above it in the groin. It must be related.
I don't think it can totally cut off circulation but it can certainly compress the vessels. The pain is probably related to stretching of the nerves.