Have lipoma below armpit. Feeling burning sensation on upper abdomen. Any advice?

Sep 2012

Hi, My name is XXXXXXX, 44 years, weight 105Kg and hight 1.72M (5ft 8.5 inch). I have a lipoma just below the right arm pit. The size ay be bout a tenis ball size. I am feeling some kind of burning sensation around and right upper quadrant of my abdoman.
Kindly advise, what should i do?
Posted Sun, 30 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 34 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, have you confirmed the lesion in your armpit as a lipoma or you assume that? If not confirmed, consult with a general physician for clinical examination and for ordering investigations like fine needle aspiration cytology. If it is a lipoma, consult with a general surgeon for excision.

About the abdominal pain, you should consult a general surgeon also for this. Because, the symptoms sounds like pain arising from a gall bladder stone. So, do an ultrasound scan to rule out cholelithiasis and presence of any other abnormality.

For this pain, right now, take a pantoprazole group of drug along with anti-spasmodic agents.

Lastly, consult with a general surgeon for both the problem.

Hope this information is suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.