Have lichen planus on hands, back, shoulders. Spreading on arms. What an I do?

Hello Sir,
I am XXXXXXX My wife is having Linear Lichen Planus skin disease (like a straight line like marks) on the hand , back shoulders and continuing to spread on the arms. Please advise me what can i do?
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 9 hours later

I will be glad to be if assistance.

Linear lichen planus is a chronic condition. In cases where it keeps spreading:-
Depending on the extent we have to decide whether we need to start oral steroids. This controls the spread and resolves the lesion. This needs to be started under a dermatologist's supervision depending on the extent of the lesions.

In case it’s not severe, then application of topical steroid cream like mometasone once a day will help in controlling the spread. Also application of tacrolimus ointment twice a day helps in resolution of the lesions. Tacrolimus 0.1% ointment can be used for a month after which Tretinoin cream once at night on affected areas is useful.

Please let me know if you have any queries.