Have lesions on face and neck. Developed scab and started itching. Concerned

Over the past 10 days I have developed 3 lesions on my face (2) and neck (1). The first started as a very soft headed pimple on my chin that simply by touching it began to weep clear oily fluid. soon after the second appeared a couple days later on my cheek. They have developed scabs on them and itch quite badly. It is also evident they are very inflamed and are quite sensitive.. Now one is beginning on my neck. I have always had problems with ingrown hairs and attributed this to that but there is no improvement and am getting concerned. I do have pictures if this will help.
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 24 minutes later
Thanks for the inquiry,
the lesions you describe and as are presented in the photos are suggestive of a folliculitis or follicular abscesses. Other skin conditions could present as such too.
I think its spread should be of concern. Common surface germs like Staphylococcus and Streptococcus species are usually involved and respond generally to specific and well selected penicilline or anti staphylococcus antibiotics.
Considering the repetitive nature of these lesions and the spread, I suggest you get an appointment with a dermatologist. While waiting, getting an analgesic and a broad spectrum germ oriented anti biotic been prescribed by your general physician could be appropriate temporary measures.
Hope this helps as I wish you the best of health. Do not hesitate asking further questions if need be.
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.