Have lesions on brain and had MRI. What are the causes for lesions?

Hi, I have had now 7 MRIs, cause I have lesions on my brain. I was 6 weeks early/premature. I had a second opinion also, he said it was NOT what my current neurologist said it could be, what are reasons I could have the lesions?
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Multidisciplinary opinion. neuro/radio/pediatrics Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, The commonest lesion experienced in prematurity is usually due to bran hemorrhage into the brain fluid collecting system called ventricular hemorrhage. It is further important to know under what circumstances the delivery actually took place. Early childhood events like infections , trauma are important to be noted. family history of any tumors or specifically brain tumors is important. The commonest causes of brain damage in prematurity is ventricular hemorrhage. Other causes could be tumors , brain infections like scars of abscess, certain brain malformations. Making an appropriate diagnosis shall depend on a strong family history, medical history and a complete physical examination. I suggest you consult a pediatric neurologist for his opinion. Team reevaluation by doctors from other specialties (radiologist/neurologist/pediatrician) would be more helpful. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health. feel free asking follow up questions. I shall be glad making my humble contribution. Dr Rogers