Have lesions on body. Are they serious? Why do they appear?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
hello sir i want to know why a sort of guilty appears in man's body(on hand, leg, stomach, etc)??? is dis a serious problem??? why dis appears??? what are the remedies 2 overcome 4m dis??? plzzz help me with
all dis related problems.... waiting 4 ur reply
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Though your query is not very clear regarding the description of the lesions you have, I will try to answer it to the best of my knowledge.
I assume you want to say a lymph node swelling which in hindi is often called" guilty" by laymen.
If I am mistaken kindly correct me and provide me details of the description of your problem along with its time of onset duration and progression.
If I am right then , let me tell you that generalised appearance of lymph nodes which are small, firm, button like swellings felt under the skin, most probably suggests some significant illness.
The cause could be as minor as an infection to as serious as cancer.
The common causes are tuberculosis, parasitic infections, skin diseases, sexually transmitted infections, HIV (AIDs) or immune disorders or malignancy.
The exact cause can only be diagnosed by your doctor after thorough physical examination, blood tests and scans if required.
The most common sites are neck, armpits, groin, back of knee, abdomen etc.
The doctor after checking for their size, consistency, number etc can further guide you about the most probable cause and the investigations needed.
The treatment depends on the cause and severity of the illness.
If im not mistaken and assuming you have multiple enlarged lymph nodes present in your body then please do get yourself checked by your doctor as soon as feasible.
Hope I have answered your query.
Awaiting your response,