Ask a Dentist   »  

Have lesions. Looking for a human skin parasite specialist

We are looking for a human skin parasite specialist. I am at 000-000-0000 or email YYYY@YYYY .
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in TMJ
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 8 hours later

The lesions are too aggressive by look to be caused by a parasite.

Skin eruptions are common in Cutaneous Larva Migrans of Ancylostoma braziliense infestation and Norwegian Scabies but they do not look that destructive.
It is also possible that the patient has scratched due to itch and has caused them to look like that.

Another possibility is of being eaten by some insect especially if the patient has gone to sylvatic waters.

Third important differential diagnosis is a skin infection with Staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome.

If you can elaborate how the lesions started and progressed and what were the antecedent activities and what are your suspicions; I might be able to give you more information.

Also get a Complete blood count, C - reactive protein blood tests and write a follow up query with these details.

Meanwhile you may start a Skin cream Fucidin - apply twice daily locally.
Take tablet Bandy Plus twice a day for three days can be taken under clinician’s prescription.

Please get these investigations and inform me in a Fresh Query / Follow up Query for further fine tuned opinion

Wish you a great health!