Ask a Urologist   »  

Have lesion on shaft of penis, no discharge, hurts when squeezed. Was on hydrocortisone and cetrizine. Advise?

i have a lesion on my shaft of my penis . its with edema i guess . no discharge its been 2 months . it hurts a bit when i squeeze it . i was oh hydrocortisone and 4 days of cetrizine . the spot iz some how is darker .
i've noticed that there is littile small pumpes ever on my head of my penis gland
i've noticed a small reddness on the tip of the penis please reply
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 26 days later
I have gone through the images attached. The penile shaft looks completely normal. However few shiny pearly lesions are seen encircling the glans. These are nothing but pearly penile papules. These are benign and physiological penile lesions requiring no treatment. Do not squeeze these lesions as may lead to infection and inflammation of the area. As such we do not suggest any Treatment for these lesions but if in case someone wants these to be treated then cautery of the lesions could be done.
As far as redness of tip is concerned, it could be due to yeast infection. Application of clotrimazole cream should help. Avoid using soap, dettol etc over the area as these are frequently implicated in penile irritation.
Hope that answers your query. Take care.
Follow-up: Have lesion on shaft of penis, no discharge, hurts when squeezed. Was on hydrocortisone and cetrizine. Advise? 7 hours later
yeast infection is that mean that i have hiv . cuz i didnt have sex for 8 months . but i dony think that i had any other stmptoms before
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 4 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
Yeast infection means that you might be having fungal infrction. It is not at all suggestive that you may be having HIV. Yeast infection may also occur in people who have never been sexually active.
Its a common infection easily treatable with clotrimazole.
A mild fungal infection does not signify HIV affliction. So there isn't a need to worry or panic.
Hope that helped.