Have lesion on penile skin. No pain. What is this? Suggest medicine

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013

Pediatrician
Question
i have got a corn shape and size/style on my penis skin. tell me what is this and suggest medicines
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

I went through the photograph.

The skin lesions on your penis are looking like genital warts.

Genital warts are growths from skin due to a virus infection called human papilloma virus.

What is the duration of these skin lesions?

Any pain is there?

But physical examination by a skin specialist is important to accurately diagnose the problem and to advise you the medication.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know and kindly furnish the information I have asked.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have lesion on penile skin. No pain. What is this? Suggest medicine 5 hours later
is this dangerous? it is not painful. it appeared to me since almost 1yrs before itself. its not increasing nor decreasing. help me!

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 9 hours later

Thank you for getting back.

As such the genital warts are not XXXXXXX

But they are highly contagious and they spread to others by contact and by sexual act.

Usually they will be static in growth over years together.

Genital warts may disappear without treatment, but eventually develop a fleshy, small raised growth.

There are medications for local application available like Podofilox and imiquimod.

Excision and liquid nitrogen cryosurgery are the other treatment options.

Therefore I advise you to consult a Dermatologist to take the suitable treatment optipon for you.

And I advise you to wear a condom during sex to prevent the transmission of the virus.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.