Have leg pain in ankles, toes and calves. Taking xanax, paxil and diovan. Underlying cause?

Psychiatrist
Question
CAN DIOVAN CAUSE LEG PAIN I TAKE 160 MG A DAY

WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THE PAIN...MORE SEVERE ON LEFT

IN ANKLES N TOES AND CALVES
MEDS IM ON XANAX .25 3 X DAY
PAXIL 15 MG DAY
PREVACID 15 MG DAY
DIOVAN 160 MG DAY
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Anxiety and Stress

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 58 minutes later
Hello.......
Thanks for your query. Diovan is valsartan, an angiotensin receptor antagonist. It also has diuretic properties. Hence, it can lead to leg cramps due to dehydration. Xanax is alprozolam, a sedative anxiolytic; paxil is paroxetine, an antianxiety cum antidepressive agent and prevacis is lansoprazole, an antiacidity drug. They are unlikely to lead to your leg pain. I would suggest adequate hydration by taking adequate fluids to relieve your leg pain. Wish you speedy recovery
Dr Sundar
Psychiatrist

Follow-up: Have leg pain in ankles, toes and calves. Taking xanax, paxil and diovan. Underlying cause? 2 days later
i increased paxil from 15 mg to 20 mg and am having hot flashes

is this permanent or how long before they stop

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 3 minutes later
Hello.....
These hot flushes after increasing the dosage of paxil is due to a transient increase in anxiety symptoms. It will settle down by 2 weeks. Hence, there is nothing to be alarmed about.
Dr Sundar
Psychiatrist

Follow-up: Have leg pain in ankles, toes and calves. Taking xanax, paxil and diovan. Underlying cause? 3 hours later
I FEEL LIKE IM COMING DOWN WITH SO MANY SYMPTOMS...NOW MY MOUTH AND THROAT BURNING,,,IS THIS ALSO FROM ANXIETY

WILL ALL THESE SYMPTOMS GO AWAY EVENTUALLY. LIKE ANXIETY LEG CRAMPS
FEAR AND PANIC

WILL I SOME DAY FUNCTION AGAIN

TY FOR PREVIOUS ANSWER

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 6 hours later

Yes, it is possible to experience burning sensation and dryness of throat as part of anxiety symptoms. It will require at least a couple of weeks to settle down as I had mentioned earlier. The symptoms would eventually settle; don't worry.

Wish you good health.

Dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Have leg pain in ankles, toes and calves. Taking xanax, paxil and diovan. Underlying cause? 1 hour later
SORRY THAT IM ASKING AGAIN AND TY FOR PREVIOUS RESPONSE
BURNING SENSATION ROOF OF MOUTH TONGUE AND THROAT...COULD THESE MEDS BE CAUSING IT?
MY MOM THINKS STOMACH ACID MAY HAVE CAUSED IT
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO...DO I NEED TO GO TO HOSPITAL?
SO MUCH FEAR AND SO MANY SYMPTOMS

CAN THIS WAIT TILL I SEE DR WEDNESDAY

AGAIN
TY
AND HAVE BLESSED Day

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 33 hours later
Hello....
Paroxetine (paxil) can lead to acidity related symptoms. I would suggests rantac / pantop half an hour before food to address this issue. Additionally, b-complex deficiency may also lead to similar symptoms. Hence, becosules once a day in the morning would be a good option. Visit to a physician will further clarify things. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar

Follow-up: Have leg pain in ankles, toes and calves. Taking xanax, paxil and diovan. Underlying cause? 7 hours later
TAKING XANAX .25 MG 3X DAY FOR 6 WEEKS

HOW CAN I SAFELY GET OFF XANAX

GOING ON RISPERDAL .5 MG 2 X DAY I THINK

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 11 hours later
Hello
Xanax is alprazolam a sedative anti anxiety agent. It is nit to abruptly stopped as it may lead to rebound symptoms like insomnia and anxiety symptoms. Hence I suggest going for a slow taper over an one month period. That would be ideal. Contact your psychiatrist to plan the taper regimen. Wish you good health.
Dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Have leg pain in ankles, toes and calves. Taking xanax, paxil and diovan. Underlying cause? 17 hours later
dr. ordered xanax .5 mg 3x day
i took .25 mg 4x today.. that is less right

want to make sure that combined with diovan paxil prevacid it
is not too much
thank you
have a blessed life

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 1 hour later
Hello
The three medications can be combined and there are no significant interactions. You can continue medication in the dosage prescribed by your physician. Wish you good health.
Dr XXXXXXX