Have left sunken shoulder. Have no pain but discoloration. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a left sunken shoulder...I have no pain, but discoloration.

Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Osteoporosis
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be rotator cuff injury

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us,
I have studied your case with diligence.

Sunken shoulder indicate there can be loss of muscle bulk in shoulder area, this can be due to rotator cuff weakness.
I would like to ask some questions so that I can help you better, do you have any injury to shoulder? Are you feeling any weakness in shoulder power? Do you have any tingling numbness in your hand?
Do you have any nodal swelling in shoulder area?

Discoloration in shoulder area can be due to venous stasis or allergic reaction.
Applying thrombophobe gel can reduce discoloration.
I would like to advise you some investigation like X-ray and MRI shoulder, routine blood investigation

Continue your calcium supplement and add VIT D to enhance absorption.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Have left sunken shoulder. Have no pain but discoloration. Suggest? 2 hours later
There is no pain. However, I woke up one morning and the left shoulder was sunken. On the other hand, whenever pressure is applied to the area there is pain. It does not hurt for me to raise my arm above my head which is not an indicator that I am suffering from a rotator shoulder injury.
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
glenoid labrum injury

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,

Pain on pressure application indicate that there can be injury to glenoid labrum ,which can be confirmed by MRI shoulder and clinical examination.

Till time you can do shoulder physiotherapy by Ultrasound and TENS.