Have leaky heart valve, prostate cancer and atrial fibrillation. Have severe back pain and black spots on arms

Cardiologist
Question
Hi! I have a leaky heart valve prostate cancer and atrial fibrillation. I am experiencing severe back pain and black spots have shown up on my arms. I have one black spot which start at the forearm down to the wrist.
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see below.

Detailed Answer:
Respected Sir
1. If you are receiving any blood thinner for atrial fibrillation? This may be urgent. I request you to revert back at earliest with the answer. Tell all your current medications. If feasible please share details of your leaky valve.
2. Tell all your medications and please also describe your backache in detail if feasible. Since how long it is there? Where does it go? How is it provoked? How long it lasts? how it gets relived?
waiting for your reply.
Sincerely
Sukhvinder

Follow-up: Have leaky heart valve, prostate cancer and atrial fibrillation. Have severe back pain and black spots on arms 23 hours later
Back pain limited to bending over. Medications include warfarin amiodrane thyroid
Spirnolactone metro prolog tartrate. Brother and sister both had abdominal aortic aneurysm
Leaky valve. Surgery recommended but made decision not to at my age

Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
needs review of medication / ortho consultation.

Detailed Answer:
Respected Sir
1. In a patient with this profile and on warfarin therapy, the black spots may be hemorrhages under the skin. I would recommend you to get an INR done and see your physician on priority. It may require dose adjustment of warfarin.
2. The pain on bending may originate from the degenerative disease of lower spine/ irritation of nerves or a contained bleed in the area. If a cancer is not completely cured, an affliction of bones by cancer may also be responsible in some patients. This requires an examination. Please consult a bone specialist (orthopaedician).
Hope this helps.
Sincerely
Sukhvinder