Have late periods with only brown discharge. HPT negative. Had stopped birth control pills. Suggest?

May 2013
My period is 5 days late, I had cramps but no period only brown discharge. I have had 2 home pregnancy tests and they gave negative results. I wonder if I am pregnant or is there something wrong with my hormones. I just stopped taking birth control pills before my previous period.
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Blood test for pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
The possibilities in your case are :
- Hormonal irregularity due to recent stoppage of pills.
-Menstruation is about to start.
-If there is pregnancy, possibility of miscarriage.
Sometimes urine pregnancy test kit may not detect early pregnancy.
So you once consult gynecologist and go for blood test for pregnancy.
If the test comes negative, possibly your menstruation will start soon.
In the next cycle, you track the ovulation and plan intercourse around that period.
This will increase the possibility of pregnancy.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.