Have large swollen painful pimple on chin. Having teeth soreness and gastric problems. Concerned?

Hello. 23 y.o. female. Non smoker. Healthy Lifestyle, 5'8", 158lbs. Allergies: strawberries, cephalexin/keflex, clarythromycin, minocyclin/docicyclin. With Urticaria Pigmentosa.
Tonsil- and andenoidectomy XXXXXXX 2013.
Normal medications: 300mg/daily Wellbutrin XL, Sprintec Birth Control, 10 mg Zyrtec, +/- 2.5 mg Levocitrizine (as needed).
Symptoms: Large painful pimple/pustule on chin. Swollen (visinbly) and painful submental gland (under chin).
Minor tooth soreness (but have invisalign retainers and can cause soreness). For past 8 months or so have presented with perioral dermatitis (Oct-Present), got better with oral antibiotic treatment but then allergics/side effects forced me off the medication. ** This is my current condition, which I am concerned about**
Additionally, gastric problems. Anal/Perianal/Rectal fissues (developed from Minocycline/docicyclin use, got better with medication cessation).
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 57 minutes later

I am Dr. Ditah and feel honored to provide answers to your health query today. I am very happy with this explicit summary of your medical history. I am so sorry to hear of all what you have been through.

The difficulty now is, you did not ask a question that will guide our answer plan.

Could you please address your specific concerns/questions so that we can provide the best answers possible?

Thanks and waiting for your response.

Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Have large swollen painful pimple on chin. Having teeth soreness and gastric problems. Concerned? 1 hour later
What could be the cause of swollen sub mental glands (under then chin)?
Could this be related to when I had mononucleosis in 2010? Should I see a doctor immediately or should I just see one if the problem persists?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Thank you so much for this precision on your question. I feel comfortable addressing the query now.

From your symptoms, the cause of the swollen and painful submental lymph nodes is a reactive acute adenitis. This is an inflammation of the lymph nodes that drain the area containing the large pimple/pustule on the chin. The solution here is to address the primary cause which is most likely an infected pimple(pustule). For this you will need to see a doctor who will prescribe an antibiotic to control the infection and a pain killer to control the symptoms. The gland will most likely reduce to its previous size when this infection is well controlled.

Could this be related to when I had mononucleosis in 2010? NO. The fact that it is swollen and painful means it is related to an ongoing process and this is clearly explained by the pimple/pustule you have.

I advice you see a Doctor now to review you fully and probably prescribe appropriate doses of the above mentioned classes of medications that are best adapted for you.

I hope I have answered your query fully. If you still have follow up questions related to the above query, please I am more than happy and ready to address them. I wish you a speedy recovery.
Dr. Ditah, MD.