Have large red spot on back of leg. Feels tender. Should I see a doctor?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I have a large red spot on the back of my leg and it's tender but when I walk it doesn't hurt. Should call a doctor?
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
It doesnt sound like some emergency unless there is pus secretion,constant leg pain, numbness in leg or inability to move ankle on this side. So at this point i dont think you should call a doctor.
It may be allergic reaction,hematoma, insect bite or local skin infection and most of these pass spontaneously in few days. Just keep it clean and dont scratch it. Although,if redness progresses or fever and those signs I ve mentioned occur,you should see doctor because some medicines and creams may be necessary.
Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards