Have large red bump on buttocks. Started bleeding after putting gause on it. Looking for home treatment

I had a large red bump that was hard on my right buttocks, the middle turned into a blister. I placed gauze over it and the blister came off and bled for a few minutes. It didn't look like pusy blood, more like nose bleed blood. I can feel some what of a small hole. I don't have health insurance and was hoping to treat it from home.
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 41 minutes later
Hi ,

Thanks for writing in.

It can be furuncle, folliculitis, sinus formation, sebaceous cyst , granuloma pyogenicum

You can apply a good over the counter antibiotic like neosporin or soframycin over the area twice daily.Keep the area clean by washing it with soap and water.Then apply antibiotic cream and cover the area with gauze.

Also you can do hot compresses over the area twice daily.

If you can upload the photos of the affected area ,it would be good to predict the condition.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.” Alternatively, you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with subject as “Attention to Dr. Sudarshan”.

Anticipating your reply.