Have large lumps on eye and have small spots all under skin on arms. What is it?

Question
I have just come back from portugal and have to large lumps/ bites over my eye and have small spots all under my skin on my arms nowhere else though
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query,

It is important to know a few things about these lesions.

When did you notice them?
How fast are the spots on your skin spreading?
Is there any headache, fever, joint pain, eye discharge or pain or known allergy to a particular substance?

A clinical examination might be very useful to determine the exact characteristics of these lesions. If you have accompanying body itches and redness, an allergic component could be the cause. Tender lumps accompanied by fever might be an indication of a bacterial infection.

For the moment, I suggest you take simple analgesics if any pain. But you need to book an appointment with your family care physician for a complete evaluation and management.

Waiting for your response,

Dr Luchuo, MD.

Follow-up: Have large lumps on eye and have small spots all under skin on arms. What is it? 10 hours later
the lumps are the same over my eye however the small spots under the skin are itchy and irritating. Couldn they be linked from a mosquito bite and would antihistimines work?

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 9 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,

Antihistamines could be appropriate to relieve the itches of the small spots. However, it would be very appropriate to know exactly the nature and possible causes of these symptoms. It would be very difficult this could be mosquito bites, if so, exposed sites of the body would have been the most affected areas.

I strongly suggest you get a complete clinical evaluation. The antihistamines might just help in relieving the symptoms, an in depth clinical exam, to better evaluate the nature of these lumps and these spots is the ideal. I still you suggest you book an appointment with your family care physician.

Thanks and hope this helps. Would be ready offering any help in need be.

Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.