Have large, long red cyst on vagina. Have trouble urine. Took antibiotics for throat infection. What to do?

I have a large, long red cyst-like thing on my vagina, and I'm not sure what it is. I just found it tonight. I have had trouble urinating all day (kind of painful). Also, I just got on antibiotics today because of a throat infection. I had unprotected oral sex on Thursday night, but I only had vaginal sex with a condom. I attached a picture, but its not the greatest quality. Thanks.
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 minutes later
Its difficult to make out properly from the picture. But this could be a bartholin's cyst that is most likely infected. You should be examined by a doctor. A visual inspection should be able to confirm the diagnosis. If indeed its a bartholins cyst, it appears to be infected,so you might need drainage of the cyst before it becomes an abscess. After drainage,high dose antibiotics will be needed. You need to see a gynecologist asap.