Have large indent in lower back, pain in groin area and breathing difficulty. Looking for cure

General Surgeon
have fairly large indent in lower back have had 2 massage therapy sessions with therapist, groin pain that seems to affect walking when getting up from sitting or laying down position have difficulty walking with cane seens to help pressure on leg I take ibeprohene but have to be careful because I also take cumidin
I do have RLS which is very uncomfortable when at rest, meaning I do not sit long I mostly stand I take the generic mirapex, cumidin and a high blood pressure pill I also take 1000mg vitamin D I have had pressure upper chest with some difficulty breathing, I have had 3 blood clots after 3 surgeries one on each foot and one hiatal hernia
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms can be caused by inguinal hernia, hip fracture (can be without trauma), veins problems or spine diseases.
If it is inguinal hernia, pain should aggravate when coughing or pushing abdominal cavity. There can be some soft and movable tumor palpated when standing.
If it is hip fracture the pain should aggravate when moving the leg. Such fracture can be almost painless as well.
If veins problems are the reason, the leg should be painful, swelled, and warmer than the other one. The calf should be very painful when pressing.
If the problem are arteries, the leg should be cold, pale with parenthesis and pain especially when walking.
If the problem is spine, the pain should radiate downward to the foot.
It is advisable for you to have hip X-ray, spine MRI, groin ultrasound. If you find the problem are vessels Doppler ultrasound is advisable.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.