Have large herniation at l5-s1 and small herniation at l4-l5 with fever. Are they related?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have a large herniation at l5-s1 impinging on 3 nerve roots, a small herniation at l4-l5 pressing on one nerve and some disk asymmetry at l4-3. The last two nights I've had a low fever 99.5. Could the fever be related or cause for concern?
Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

You are suffering from prolapse intervertebral disc (PIVD) at L4-L5 and L5-S1 level.
This low grade fever since last two nights seems not to be related to PIVD. It might be due to viral infection.

If fever increases or asssociated with chills and rigor , then you have to consult a physician to rule out the cause of fever.

I hope this answers your query. I will be available for further guidance if you needed.

Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.