Have large hard red bump around anus, hurts when sit. Using Prepration H but no help. Advil helps

General Surgeon
Hello Dr Grief. I have a rather large hard red bump around my anus. The pain is terrible! I don't think its' a hemorrhoid. I have had them in the past. I have never had anything that hurts like this. It hurts when I sit, walk or lay down, even when I clinch my pc muscle when I urinate. I have been using Preparation H and nothing is happening. I took a warm bath with epson salt and that alleviated the pain for about 30 minutes. The only thing that is helping is Advil. This is now the third day and I am getting concerned. Thank you for your time and advise.

Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be thrombosed haemorrhoid

Detailed Answer:

It could be thrombosed hemorrhoid, not simple one. Blood clot will form in the hemorrhoid, mostly externally.

It has to be removed surgically for quick and better result.

Please consult a General surgeon for correct diagnosis and treatment.

Perianal abscess is also painful condition in that area. Get it excluded.

Hope i answered your query.

Wish you good health and speedy recovery.