Have large cyst on abdominal wall. What could it be?

General Surgeon
I have a large, bulging belly. My doctor has been monitoring a 8.4 X 6.1 X 6.7 cm unilocular cyst on the right suprarenal location. He says it's probably benign and probably should be left alone. I will go see a surgeon for another opinion, but what surprised me, he does not think that the bulging belly has anything to do with it while I feel convinced that it does have something to do with it. Have you ever heard of a very distended abdomen with this sort of cyst?
Posted Tue, 13 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

This is quite large cyst so it would not be a surprise that you can sense it throughout your abdominal wall. It can cause enlarged abdomen as well as other symptoms like stomach aches, nausea, constipations or diarrheas. Such cyst may appear due to pancreas disease or can growth from intestine mesenterium.
It is advisable to make a puncture of this cyst if possible and check what kind of fluid does it contain (it can be blood for example). Such puncture can be also a treatment of it. Sometimes such cyst can be punctured throughout stomach with endoscopy. Surgery is the last solution.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.