Have knot behind knee, varicose veins and swelling. Should I consult a doctor?

I am a female that is 54 years old and have an XXXXXXX knot on the back of my left leg below my knee. I do have some varicose veins and there are alot of broken veins around my left ankle which will swell abit by the end of the day. I have no history of high blood pressure or other issues. What do you think I could be and should I go see the doctor?
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX The knot behind the knee can be a local swelling of vein due to incompetent underlying venous valve which usually gives a bluish swelling, a lipoma or a neurofibroma or just a local excess scar tissue due to some forgotten injury.In all these differentials there would be no pain.I do not think there is any urgent need to go to a doctor. If you happen to visit a doctor next time for some reason tap the opportunity to get it evaluated.I hope the advise would be useful for you.