Have knee pain. Treatment?

I am having a knee pain.
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 29 minutes later

The cause for your knee pain seems like an acute exacerbation of the pre-existing Osteoarthritis (OA).

Please consider taking calcium supplements on a daily basis. This is available over the counter. I suggest you this, in view of your OA and also your age and being a woman.

For the relief of pain, you may take simple analgesics like Paracetamol three times a day for 2 to 3 days after food.

You may also try analgesic gels like Diclofenac gel locally on the knee joint.

I wish you quick recovery.

Please do write back for follow up queries that you may have.