Have knee joints pains when get in morning and when sit on knees. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello Doctor,
Just to share that daily when I get up early morning,my knee joints pains,I tremble in first step,but then it is ok.Same is alright for full day.
And secondly when I sit on my knees for a minute or two again same problem.Please suggest
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sathyadharan Panneer 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Arthritis of patella - Physiotherapy

Detailed Answer:
Considering your age, previous medical history and your present complaints, you might be suffering from arthritis of patella. In early stages it presents as painful initiation of movement of knee and later on subsides during routine work. This condition is called as Chondromalacia patellae. But it is too early to say that you are suffering from this condition, without a proper clinical examination by an orthopaedician. Visit your doctor, get yourself examined. Your doctor will advice you to go for a xray.
Generally physiotherapy for your quadriceps muscle with straight leg raising and knee mobilisation will improve your muscle strength and will decrease the progression of arthritis. Life style modifications like avoiding stairs, squatting, sitting cross legged & cycling will also help in reducing your symptoms. Reducing weight is of prime importance if you are overweight. If the pain is severe, you can take few doses of NSAID's or physiotherapic modalities like IFT to relieve your pain.

Get well soon.