Ask a Urologist   »  

Have kidney stones. Taking Potassiumn Citrate. Treated for enlarged prostate. Noticed dark and cloudy urine. Cure?

dark and cloudy urine
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be UTI.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Thank you or posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well I would like to tell you that dark and cloudy urine in every likelihood is suggestive of urine infection. Since you have got a history of kidneys stones it is very likely to be urine infection.

I would advise you to see your physician and get yourself evaluated . A urine r/m , urine c/s will be required essential , a Complete blood count should be done . A course of antibiotics like norfloxacin , a urine alkaliniser that you are already taking and plenty of liquids is recommended .

Dr. Shruti