Have kidney stones. Having frequent urination. Ultrasound done. What does the values signify?

Question
Hi my ultrasound was as follows
I am 45
Kidneys normal
Per void 179
Post 120
Prostate Heterogeneous in echo texture Slightly enlarged 42x43x32mm XXXXXXX vol 29cc

PSa test 0.5ug/l

Difficulty peeing for a few weeks came good at weekend , told I have kindney stones
(ct scan)
and may have past one. I have always had to sit down to pee for a number of years now but was never as bad as now.
My doc has been doing regular rectal exams that whole time always normal.

Is there anything I need to worry about ref the prostate.
I am peeing more and for the past week or two have been getting up to pee in the night which is unusual for me .

YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 9 Aug 2012 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Your post void volume of urine is 120ml, which means you are unable to empty your urinary bladder completely. This makes you more prone to U.T.I.

Though your prostate is slightly enlarged, but creating problem in passing urine and emptying urinary bladder completely.

Your prostate is heterogenous in echo texture and PSA is also slightly high, thus you may require histological examination of biopsy from prostate.

As you are peeing more for some time, you should get your blood sugar (F & PP) and urine tested. For any thing abnormal in reports you should consult your doctor.

Operation of prostate (TURP) can relieve your symptoms of difficulty in peeing and you will be able to your empty your bladder moere efficiently.

Please consult an Urologist with reports and continue preventive check ups (Per rectal exam & PSA).

With best wishes,

Follow-up: Have kidney stones. Having frequent urination. Ultrasound done. What does the values signify? 24 minutes later
I thought a result of 0.5ug/l was very low for PSA.

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 39 minutes later

Welcome again,

Sorry, you are right. It should be below 2 at your age, and yours is only 0.5ug/l

It is good that PSA is normal but size of your prostate is creating problem.

Please get your blood sugar & urine tested.

With regards,

Follow-up: Have kidney stones. Having frequent urination. Ultrasound done. What does the values signify? 6 hours later
I have just peed 450 ml of cloudy urine . My go check it with dipstick and said all ok.

Will send for other tests.

Any ideas?

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 7 hours later

Welcome again,

Causes of cloudy urine are:-

Bladder infection, interstitial cystitis, Pylonephritis, kidney stone, prostatitis, retrograde ejaculation, calcium pyrophosphate crystals etc.

Routine Urine test can help in finding cause of cloudiness.

In your case cause of cloudiness can be kidney stones.

If you require further clarification, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,