Ask a Urologist   »  

Have kidney infection, burning sensation in urine and lower back pain. Suggest?

kidney infection urinary often burning sensation lower back pain
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 1 hour later
I wish you had provided more details but as of now I would suggest that you get at the very least a complete urine examination which might give information as to whether we are looking at a urinary infection or something else like a kidney or ureteric stone. An ultrasound study of your kidneys and bladder region might be appropriate if you persist in having symptoms. You can improve your fluid intake which might reduce the severity of symptoms. Alkalinization of urine also might reduce the stinging pain that you could be having. Antibiotics will help if there are features of sepsis.
Hope I have been able to help you.