Have keloid on chest. Tried silica gel sheet. Have itching, difficult to wear shirt. How to proceed?

Oncologist, Surgical
Dear Dr. I have Kelloid in my chest since 3.5 years, tried taking several medications and tried silica gel sheet. I get itching sensation, sometimes it is difficult to wear the shirt. 2cm in length and 0.5 cm in width. Please advise me how to proceed - is there a way to cure this or one has to live with it for ever.
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 11 hours later
Dear Sir,

I can see that you are quite disturbed because of your keloid. Unfortunately, keloids rarely subside completely by treatment and even if you go for surgery, they have a tendency to recur. You have already tried most of the treatments. You can ask your doctor for intra-lesional steroid injections, as they sometimes help in reducing the size of the keloid. You would require atleast 3 injections at 3 weekly intervals.
If these injections do not work, then you might have to live with your keloid.

Hope you get well soon.