Have jelly-like discharge during pregnancy. Is this normal?

Question
Hi Ian 5 weeks pregnant and I'm having a jelly like discharge is this normal
Posted Tue, 3 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
At 5 weeks pregnancy, the presence of a reddish or brownish jelly like discharge from vagina is worrisome. If it is only a spotting then it is likely to be due to implantation bleeding.
In case the discharge is persistent then vaginal infection, threatened abortion or ectopic pregnancy needs to be ruled out after ultrasound scan and an examination by your gynecologist.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Have jelly-like discharge during pregnancy. Is this normal? 1 minute later
Its clear so what does this mean?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
A clear jelly like discharge is a normal finding. It happens due to the hormonal changes your body is going through. Please do not worry.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.