Have jaw and ear ache. On nytro. Safe to use too much of nytro?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have some jaw ache (not pain)...I don't have it all the time.sometimes I will have it in my upper jaw. up in my cheekbones,also it will make my ear ache (left side) & make my head ache... Ido have about 3 or4 teeth that probaly should come out. My dr. is sending me to a cardiac clinic to be checked out for angina.also he put me on nytro....will the nytro do any harm if I use to much of it and find out Idon't have a heart condition..I have used it a couple of timeswould appreciate any info you can send me........
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can use nitro. It is safe.

Detailed Answer:
The ache in the jaw wit earache is likely to be due to your bad teeth or an inflammation of the temporo- mandibular joint.
It is best to get yourself thoroughly evaluated by a cardiologist before going for any procedure. Taking nitro for angina is not going to cause you any harm as it is a life saving drug in case of angina and the benefits outweigh the risks involved. You can take it as and when required.
For the jaw ache, you can take a mild pain killer till then and do a mild hot fomentation for symptomatic relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.