Have itchy white bumps between upper thighs and between butt cheeks. What am I suffering from?

Question

I have ittchy white bumps between upper thighs and between butt cheeks and the more I scratch the more it itches and spreads
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting the query
It seems that you have a skin disorder. The between thighs and butts are the commonest area. The rashes or bumps may be due to bacterial or fungal infections or non-infectious.
I want to know some details:
1. For how many days do you have the bumps?
2. Have you taken any medication for that?
3. Does this type of bumps bumps present on other sites like axilla etc?
4. Does it secretes any type of fluid or it is dry?

The Most bumps or rashes are not XXXXXXX to a person (unless they are part of an infectious disease such as chickenpox). Many last a while and get better on their own. It is therefore not unreasonable to treat symptoms like itchy and/or dry skin for a few days to see whether the condition gets milder and goes away.

A trail can be made with Anti-itching creams like camphor, Anti-histamines like cetirizine and moisturizing lotions. If these measures do not help, or if the symptoms persists or becomes more widespread, a consultation with a dermatologist is advisable. Please feel free to consult your skin specialist for better and effective drugs.

Hope I have answered your query. Write again if have another one. I will be glad to answer them.
Best Wishes and have a speedy recovery
Dr. Kulbir Singh