Have itchy testicles and noticed pimples on it. How to cure this?

I have very itchy testicles, there is a white shiny area and pimples. My wife is now also itchy around her genital area after having sex.
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 17 minutes later
Hi and thanks for trusting health care magic,
Itchy testicles with white shiny areas and pimples suggest an infection. considering similar symptoms in your wife, it should something sexually transmitted. However, it might be difficult on history grounds to ascertain whether its a single infection of a mixed infection. Generally white shiny patches with itches around testicles usually indicate a skin fungal infection which fades away with appropriate topical anti fungal drugs. However, the pimples, depending on their nature could be bacterial in origin (treponema, hemophilus ducreyi), viral like in genital herpes simplex infection.
A good physical examination therefore becomes compelling to make an appropriate diagnosis for the establishment of a comprehensive and appropriate treatment plan. Other examinations like blood tests for syphillis, abd Chlamydia might be done depending on the clinical appreciation of the physician. I would suggest you suspend unprotected sex to avoid an infection - reinfection cycle till you have received appropriate medical examination and treatment. It s advisable for your wife to visit the gynecologist for pap smears, cultures and sensitivity tests to be done on her too. Being treated as a couple is the ideal situation. I would suggest you visit your gynecologist or a sexually transmitted Infection clinic if available for management. A good physical examination, medical history and examination are keys aspects in the management of you,a s a couple.
Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you just the best. Would be honored answering further questions if need be.
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.