Have itchy spot on kneecap. Chances of parasite infection?

I've had a small itchy spot on my kneecap growing for 2 weeks or so. I recently while itching the spot pulled out a white worm or larvae of sorts (size of a mealworm; a little fatter). Disinfected the area, drained the puss and now it is all healed, no discoloration but I am afraid of some sort of parasite infections, eggs in the lymph nodes, etc. I live full time in Costa Rica I feel fine what should I do?
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

The area that was infected have already been cleared. There are very minimum chances of the worm to infect the lymph nodes because it was superficial in the skin but if you still want to clear out your doubt then a single dose of entamizole 1000mg can eliminate the worm infection from the body

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask