Have itchy skin rashes on chin. Suggest some medicine to get cured

Jul 2012

I'm XXXXXXX 2 months back for my sister skin rashes came (on left side of chin) & that area was itching. She was scratched that itching area. It became sour. We shown some general doctor, she gave ointment. That sour & rashes completed gone. But due her mistake (about scratching) that area is looking dark. What we should do to get original skin colour.

Age: 22

If possible please arrange me on phone any specialist would be better.

Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 38 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX
If my interpretation is correct, you are worried about how to take away the scar/mark with dark pigmentaion on the left side of neck/face that has occured following a skin rash/eruption. At the outset, you must understand that whatever the cream/ointment or procedure/lasers etc, it will take time & getting rid of pigmentation is one of the most challenging things in our field. Is it possible to take a good clear photograph of the lesion & upload it onto this site? Or perhaps XXXXXXX a doctor on the ground close to you. I am from Bangalore. If you wish, i can recommend someone close to your residence that will make it easy for you to XXXXXXX Sometimes, these issues are best 'seen' & treatment given therafter.
Regds & await your response.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India