Have itchy skin rash. How to remove this?

Sep 2012

I have a skin rash, very itchy, and I would like to know how to get rid of it?
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 47 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, your description sounds like allergic reaction of skin. In this condition, you may have an itchy skin rash. It may be caused by allergy against any substance. Your have told that you are taking medicines. So, first of all, an allergic reaction against any of the drug should be excluded.

If you have started taking a new drug recently, then stop that for some days. If the condition improves, then you should consult with your treating doctor for changing the drug. Sometimes changing the brand can also give some relief.

But, right now, to get rid of this itchy skin rash, you have to take cetrizine 10 mg before bed. It will give you relief.

If, it fails to give any relief, then you should consult with your treating doctor for prescribing steroid agents like prednisolone.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.