Have itchy scrotum after sex and red rashes on penis shaft. What can it be?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
Hi I have a itchy scotrum after sex and also my shaft gets a red rash what can it be ?
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 58 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX.
Itching is verry common and can be caused by a number of things. Usually this means nothing but sometimes fungal or bacterial infection, allergic reaction and irritation needs to be considered.
Rash and itching is a sign of something and you need to find it out.
It can be caused by allergy to condoms or undeerwear or any kind of soap or cream which is used by you or your partner.
It can be sexually trans infections such as clamydia and gonnorhea especially if you have discharge. If you have white rash then this could be fungal infection.

All of these can be evaluated by doing microbiological tests,ask your doctor about it. If something is found then your partner needs to be treated too. Treatment is simple, usually 2 weeks antibiotics is used.
Some over the counter creams like hydrocortisone cream or antifungal creams from a pharmacy help, but i recommend to have test that i ve mentioned .

Wish you good health.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help

Follow-up: Have itchy scrotum after sex and red rashes on penis shaft. What can it be? 3 hours later
Hi don't have any discharge and I've been married for 8 years , it happens when I have sex with my wife ,my skyn gets dry after 24 hours the rash becomes dry skyn
My wife has been using cannister vaginal cream because our doctor told us tha she may have thrush, she did this for the required 5 days ,so we try again and same thing happen I got red on my scotrum then got itchy ,and my skyn developed red spots around the penis, the day after my skyn got dry ,do you think it maybe yeast infection ?
Pls advise
Rgds

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 10 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

Well, it can be yeast infection. But, you would have small white substance all over the head of the penis. You probably mean cannisten. You can apply cannisten cream on your penis and if it is yeast infection, then this should be helpful. If you don't have discharge, pain or fever, then this is nothing serious. Try to shower your penis with XXXXXXX tea, this can be useful too. If you have noticed the symtpoms that I have mentioned, then do visit a urologist.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health.