Have itchy scalp due to hair colour reaction. What could be the reason for increase in itching sensation?

Dermatologist
Question
Hello Dr. A month of back I had itching on my sculp, I feel like itching all the time. However, it really get agreevated moment I eat anything and goes beyond contro the moment I eat some sweet thing. I had consulted a Dr. S. K. Bose in Appolo Hospital Delhi, he told me that it because of Hair Colour reaction that I use so I have stopped also using that and also he gave me few medicines to have for 30 days.I am taking these medicines but not helping the itching, especially the moment I eat anything it really get agreevated.
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Scalp itching Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Welcome to healthcare magic. Lot of conditions can cause scalp itching. We should rule out the simple diseases first even if it sounds silly. Do you have lice or nits ? Do you have dandruff ? Is it just itching without any visible rash or do you have any sort of eruptions on the scalp ? Can you upload a photo of your scalp ? When was the last time you applied hair color ? What was the medicine which you took for a month ? Itching occurs only when you eat sweet or it is there otherwise also but increases when you eat sweet ? Any sweets in particular ? Kindly get back with above details. Take care

Follow-up: Have itchy scalp due to hair colour reaction. What could be the reason for increase in itching sensation? 21 minutes later
Do you have lice or nits ? Ans: No Do you have dandruff ? Ans:No Is it just itching without any visible rash or do you have any sort of eruptions on the scalp ? Ans:No rashes Can you upload a photo of your scalp ? No option of upload photo When was the last time you applied hair color ? Ans:1 or 1.5 month back What was the medicine which you took for a month ? Ans: 1)candid B Lotion every alternate day b)Xyzal tab 2 every day at bed time c)EliDel Cream+ Adril Lotion every day bed time Itching occurs only when you eat sweet or it is there otherwise also but increases when you eat sweet ?Any sweets in particular ? Ans: Itching occurs every time I have anything but it really increase too much when I eat sweet...especially sweet with syrup or icecream

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Scalp itching Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome back. In my experience itching due to food(sweets) should be generalized and not just restricted to scalp. So we should think of other causes. Contact dermatitis to shampoo, conditioner, hair oils and color can cause similar itching. Even creams and lotions given for itching can cause contact allergy. I will suggest you to stop elidel, Adril and candid b and see. You may take only Tablet Xyzal. Stop your shampoos and conditioners for sometime and watch for improvement in itching. Rarely people having hair loss especially genetic baldness can have itching over scalp. Do you have hair loss ? Even people who abuse drugs eg Cocaine can have itching. Do you take drugs ? You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'. Hope this helped, Take care