Have itchy ribs along with digestion problem. Cause?

in april i started to feel both of my lower left and right ribs itchy, along with difficulty in the digestion tract activating a bad release in stools
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gall bladder disease? need to be investigated.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

I have some difficulty in arriving at any conclusion from your query.

But symptoms seem to suggest some form of gall bladder disease or peptic ulcer disease.
If you were my patient, I would examine for any rashes in chest and abdomen, jaundice enlarged liver or spleen.
Then I would refer you for investigations ( Electrocardiogram, Ultrasound -Abdomen, Liver function test and Endoscopy).

Because your symptoms are very vague and thus these investigations will be helpful in yielding diagnosis.
Gall bladder disease, Pancreatic disease also cause the similar symptoms.

My suggestion to you right now is, consult your doctor for a physical exam which will help in identifying the exact location for your symptoms. And then you can discuss with your doctor for the appropriate investigations based on the clinical findings.

Meanwhile, avoid eating anything spicy and oily. And do write back if you have any more questions and it would be great if you could elaborate on your symptoms more, like, since how long you are having these issues, what makes it worse, is there any association with any particular foods, any other issues apart from the ones you have mentioned.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.
Follow-up: Have itchy ribs along with digestion problem. Cause? 23 hours later
Hi Doctor,

I think you may be right about the gall-bladder because I go to urinate many times a day, but when I suggested that to my doctor he dismissed it. He prescribed to me a powder solution composition macrogol; it's a laxative, I took it once, before going to bed and it was so heavy for me that my digestive tract felt like a piece of wood, and it didn't help me. In april I started feeling some slight pain in the area of my lower right abdomen. I had a colonscopy done everything was fine except a slight irritation. I feel a heavyness in that area when they prescribe probiotics, which I'm taking now. Monday I'm going back to my doctor and ask him to prescribe a gallbladder check. I had a liver blood test done and it was fine. I live in Rome, Italy thank you
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do investigation for gall bladder disease.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your appreciation.
Please follow my suggestion and do investigations like liver function test, Ultrasound abdomen.
If investigation reports are normal,then consider good health.
Follow-up: Have itchy ribs along with digestion problem. Cause? 8 hours later
Hi Doctor,
i made an appointment to have a gastrosocpic exam done on Oct.18, this monday I will see my doctor and have him prescribe an ultrasound ab...when I took a blood test for liver problems, everything was fine. I never eat fried foods, or sugar. I just started this past year drinking coffee, but two weeks ago I cut that out. I am thin but my abdomen area is often full of gas. I also walk alot sometimes jog in the park. I also started drinking freshly blended fruit drinks in the afternoon.
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait till Gastroscopy and Ultrasound reports.

Detailed Answer:

Well done.
You have fixed an appointment for both doctor and investigations.
Probably we will get diagnosis from these investigations.

As far as gas in abdomen is concerned,
1. Avoid oily and fatty foods
2. Chew all the foods with mouth closed
3. Do not talk while eating.
Because air swallowed during eating and talking, yawning may also a cause for gas in intestine and stomach.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.
Follow-up: Have itchy ribs along with digestion problem. Cause? 19 hours later
thanks Doctor

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome please close the discussion

Detailed Answer:

Please use XXXXXXX for future queries regarding your health and please close this discussion now.

Thanks and regards,
Dr.Manjeth XXXXXXX G