Have itchy res spot all over back, stomach and arm. On antihistamine tablet, moisturizing cream. Suggestion

I have itchy small red spots all over my back and stomach and a few on my upper arms.The nurse practitioner has given me anti hystamine tablets and some moisturising cream.The doctor says that they are definitely not chickenpox or shingles (I've had both). I've been teaching Early years class in which chickenpox is rife . The spots have been getting more each day since last Sunday. I'm wondering (with horror) if they are bedbug bites! (I don't have any animals so don't think that they are cat flea bites.) XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 18 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

They can not be chickenpox or shingles.
Are they turning black at places/ scabbing?
Are these spots raised? Bedbug bites will be distinct raised spots.

It could be an allergic rash which is red and itchy. It should reduce with anti-histaminic medicines.

If you had recent iritis, the rash can uncommonly be of site just below the text box. You can email the image to
with subject- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)
I can then tell you more precisely.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Please ask for any clarifications before closing and rating this query.

Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck! Thank you!!